History of Zonta Club of Tainan
Zonta International Tainan Club was founded on August 20, 1979 as the sixth Zonta club in Taiwan. We established sisterhood relations with Kyoto II Club, Japan in 1990. Our Z Club was set up named Phoenix Z Club in 2006.
We have gotten three Distinguished Zontian Award and three Area YWPA till now.
Tainan Zonta arranged many activities and engaged lots of events concerning about women, children and the handicapped, such as：
♥.Tainan Zonta Services
1. Donate special need cars, such as Rehabus, home-visitingbus..
2. Occasional donations
3. Setting up BBQ areas for many opportunity centers to improve life quality for the handicapped.
Our services are mainly in two main courses:
1. Progressive Supports for New Immigrant female
■.Help them to adapt to the environment (2001-2007)
■.To empower themselves (2005-2012)
■.Help them to feedback and contribute to community and to achieve self-fulfillment. (2013~)
2. Support children in disadvantaged families
■.Organize activities to enhance parenting capacity
♥.Z Club’s services
1. Collect and Raise invoices for award ( that's a kind of tax policy in Taiwan) once a year for Tainan Babies Home and unmarried pregnant girl's shelter home
2. Organize special lectures for students in senior high school to introduce some excellent, special or struggling women.
3. Volunteer services in school and community.